Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Tuesday is a battle

I take an Institute class on Tuesdays at the local university.
I absolutely *LOVE* my class, and I'm very happy that I go each week. Tuesdays have been hard on me lately. I'm always stressed beyond my normal daily levels, and I can really feel the push and strain of a negative force trying to drown me. It's been hard to overcome, I've been pushed to tears, anger, and frustration every Tuesday since class started. But, my husband is amazing and makes me go, even when it would be easier for me to just crawl into bed.

The first Tuesday of the semester, I was registered for a different class, one of the core classes that I need to graduate. I showed up with my 2 boys, and was told that we couldn't go into the actual classroom because it's a full class and there isn't room for 2 kids. I stated that I registered for the class months prior to the beginning of the semester. The instructor told me the class is aimed at 18-30yo who were attending the college. I tried my best to not erupt on him, and said that I was 29, and registered as a student, and met all qualifications to be in the class. Well, I tried to corral 2 wild boys in the hallway just outside the door, and failed horribly at keeping them under control. I was given plenty of side eyes, and dirty looks, like having my kids there would contaminate those single adults with offspring. The class was The Eternal Family, I brought mine and I felt like a leper. I left in tears.

We've been having some crazy difficult discussions around the house lately, futures are uncertain, it was an emotionally stressful day, and again, last week it all just seemed to hit the fan. Husband got home just in time for the world to fall apart, and the shouting match "Mom vs Boys" started just moments before he stepped thru the door. I left in a rush, and got rained on.

This is week 3... An emotionally and physically exhausting day of wrestling young children into submission, I ended up crashing on the couch for a bit, only to wake up and head to my FIL's. But upon loading the boys in the Durango, I noticed the alarm lights flashing... and they had been flashing for the past 4 hours. Luckily the Durango started right up, but not before the tears fell down my face and I slammed the front door in anger. My key fob was broken. I called my mom to vent, and she laughed at me. Needless to say, that was NOT the reaction I wanted or needed. The battery is now disconnected, and we'll see if it's reset in the morning. A "joyful" trip to the dealership may be in our schedule tomorrow.

Anyways, what this complaining, venting post is saying is : Satan knows how to ruin your day, and he's pulling out all the stops to make your day miserable. Especially if you're doing something that will lift you, something that will bring you closer to the Savior. Going to the Temple? How about a flat tire... Or maybe you leave the gas station WITH the pump still in your car... Church on time? No way, he'll make your kids sleep in and lose their socks. Trying to plan Visiting Teaching? Nope, your 2yo now have the flu. Going to Institute? Think again, he'll tell you that they hate you, and you're not welcome to attend.

I know that Lucifer is a real being, maybe not a physical one, but man, he sure can throw a wrench in your plan.he has absolutely perfected how to ruin a good day. He knows the perfect thought to slip in to make you doubt yourself. He knows where you are weakest, he knows how to get you to shrink away from Christ's reaching hand. Don't give him that power! We must choose to act, not be acted upon!

Choose Joy! Choose the better part. He hates to see us take one step closer to Christ. Make the jerk squirm! Don't let Satan have power of over you. Turn to Christ, follow Him, His plan is a plan of happiness and joy. He is reaching for you, always. There are so many of His servants, and angels, that attend to us, and want to teach us of His love. 💚💙

No comments:

Post a Comment